Post show blues

‘I can take any empty space and call it a bare stage’ ((Brook, P. (1996) The Empty Space, New York: Touchstone. P7))

This quote highlights the feeling my group were experiencing on the day of our site specific performance, there were many changes in our piece which occurred leading up to the final performance. The changes we made included the scattering of pennies. This decision was made to make them look like people scattered around; reiterating the idea of the deaths. The second change was saying numbers rather than facts; this created a more poignant feel to the piece as it highlighted the sheer amount of deaths that occurred.

9000 pennies flag of pennies

In retrospect of our performance I believe if we had the opportunity, we would have done things such as painting the grass, this would have illuminated further the representation of the soldiers’ deaths within the flag, and how they represented queen and country. Overall I feel we achieved a brilliant performance, as we connected with the audience and managed to remind them of the work that the Lincolnshire soldiers achieved. The final part of our performance is to take the money to the charities that are described below, I feel that this connects with our idea of rejuvenation and reinventing the grandstand into something that it once was.

One Reply to “Post show blues”