The Winner Takes It All – Evaluating the Race

‘At Site, there may be no recourse, no second chance’ ((Pearson, M (2010) Site Specific Performance Basingstoke Palgrave Macmillan p.17))  I believed that this quote really connected to my group piece because once the newspaper was stripped off the walls and swept of the floor our performance space had gone and we were standing in an empty weighing room in The Grandstand

On The first of May 2013, it took just over three hours to set the space ready for the 1 pm performance.

On Your Marks Get Set Go!

Myself, Eloise, Emma, Rachel and Kash walked in towards the wall of newspaper, we emerged ourselves in the wall of media before our audience entered the room again. We performed the Ric Basta Poem and then the race began.

Have you ever heard the saying “I could eat a horse”? Why do people say this? Does the meat on the National Handicap Winner Levitate look appealing  to you?  I did not think so.

1#Levitate

If i was going to perform this piece again, I would like to have the whole room completely covered in newspaper; as i felt that the part that was not covered broke the illusion that we wanted to create.  I feel that my group had achieved our overall aim in bringing back the theme of gambling back to the Grandstand.